Monday, November 19, 2007

Action Jackson Soundtrack on loop


So, over the summer a bunch of my friends stored stuff in my house on campus because they could not move into theirs until the end of May. One of my friends happened to leave a large record collection lying around in our kitchen floor well into September. My roommates and I went through his albums numbers of times, but never took any of them out and actually played them.

One album in particular did catch our attention, mainly because the one and only Carl Weathers was on the cover. This album was the soundtrack for the unbelievable 80's action flick Action Jackson. The album had never even been opened, which we could not believe.

Our friend eventually took Action Jackson and all his other albums with him, until two weekends ago when one of my roommates stole the soundtrack from him. Since then the record has been played many, many times in our house. The album is not even good. I mean maybe if you like funk music it's OK, there are tracks from The Pointer Sisters and Sister Sledge. Yet, the power of Carl Weathers keeps us coming back for more.

No comments: